About Global Greengrants Fund:
Global Greengrants Fund is a Boulder, Colorado-based public charity that supports grassroots activists and civil society organizations working to address environmental and social justice issues primarily in the global south. We believe solutions to environmental harm and social injustice come from the people whose lives are most impacted. Every day, our global community of people on the front lines and donors comes together to support people to protect their ways of life and our planet. Because when local people have a say in the health of their food, water, and resources, they are forces for change. Since our founding nearly 25 years ago, we have made more than 10,000 grants in 167 countries, mobilizing more than $67 million to support the work of local groups.
The Grants Associate is responsible for the administration of grants and supporting the Grants Management Team and Program Department. The Grants Associate works to get funding to grantee groups as smoothly as possible, while maintaining the processes that ensure that grantmaking is legally compliant, efficient, and timely. The Grants Associate will be assigned specific regional and thematic Advisory Boards, and will oversee the administration, processing, and due diligence of grants, the tracking of budgets and restrictions, and communication with coordinators, administrators, advisors, and grantees. The Grants Associate is responsible for accurately recording and tracking grant information, grantee data, and grant reports, as well as analyzing that data, identifying trends, providing research, and sharing information with other Greengrants staff. This position is part of the Grants Team and works closely with staff across departments as well as Greengrants’ international network, which includes coordinators, administrators, advisors, and grantees.
- Support the grantmaking and administrative responsibilities of the Grants Team
- Provide administrative and programmatic support for the Advisory Boards assigned to the Associate. The Associate will serve as the primary point of contact for all grant issues and questions related to their Advisory Boards
- Process grants recommended by Advisory Boards, ensuring that the proposal meets certain standard and that the grant is finalized and paid in a timely manner
- Maintain the integrity of the grantmaking process and meet due diligence requirements in order to ensure that grantmaking remains legally compliant
- Support the Grants Team by ensuring the accuracy of grant and grantee records, tracking board budgets, tracking the spenddown of restricted funds, and maintaining the accuracy of the grants database
- Assist with the tracking and management of information about grantees, grants, and grant reports, including the collection and assessment of reports
- Work with the finance team to pay grants and address any issues that may arise
- Assist in the development and implementation of a new grants management database
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual reconciliations between grants management and financial records
- Support the grants and program teams by analyzing grantmaking, outcomes, and trends, and providing research and reporting
- Work with development and communications staff to provide grant stories, data, research, and other information necessary for development and communication efforts
- Assist in the hiring, training, and support of administrators for regional advisory boards
- Help train and manage Grants Interns
- Personally responsible for the grantmaking of assigned Advisory Boards, as well as budget tracking, programmatic support, and problem solving
- Ensure that grantee and grant information is recorded in the grants database and that the information is current and correct
- Keep the Advisory Boards within budget and work with coordinators, administrators, and Programs staff to help ensure that Boards meet their funding requirements.
- Uphold Global Greengrants Fund’s commitment to pay grants within two weeks of receiving the completed proposal
- Develop new and valuable analyses and research to help inform organizational and advisory board processes and decision making
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to think and problem-solve creatively
- Fluency in English and at least one other language (preferred foreign languages; French, Russian, Chinese, Spanish, or Portuguese)
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Knowledgeable about and commitment to the mission of Global Greengrants Fund
- Understanding of the non-profit sector
- Previous experience working with international grants and grantmaking
- Understanding of and experience with some of the following: grassroots social movements, environmental issues in the Global South, capacity building for civil society organizations and the role of small grants
- Experience working with databases (i.e. Bromelkamp, Blackbaud)
- Experience doing social science research, particularly on issues of environmental and social justice
This is a full time (40hrs/week) non-exempt position located in Global Greengrants Fund’s Boulder, Colorado office. The Grants Associate reports directly to the Grants Manager. Starting salary will be in the range of $35,000 a year. Global Greengrants Fund’s benefits package includes health, dental, and vision insurance, 403b retirement plan, and flex plan.
If interested in applying, please send a resume, cover letter, and a brief professional writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 4th. Please include “Grants Associate” in the subject line of the email.
Global Greengrants Fund is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.